Wednesday, August 03, 2011

Around Beauly

Just a few photos from around Beauly for fun, I'm up here for a few days with Laura and her boyfriend Chris.
a fine Beauly skyline
looking East towards Inverness from above Beauly
I'm not exactly sure why, but to me this is just typical of a Scottish Highlands village, the stone building, the traditional sash & case windows, heavy-duty door, the simple garden ...
and everywhere around Beauly there's lots and lots of wonderful trees
I can't help wondering how Scotland will fare as we inevitably make the transition towards sane living - people up there have several things in their favour, water, space and a long history of inventiveness. I reckon Wales and Scotland will be two of the best places to be in the near future... well they already are!

No comments: