Sunday, August 10, 2008

Wales again...


Debi and I had long weekend down in Wales together including a rainy visit to the Centre for Alternative Technology. That's Debi posing inside the hub of a wind turbine - it's not every day you get to do that.

Below we have a bizarre building, I thought it was a giant hedgehog for a moment but in fact it's a roof studded with empty bottles. I wonder if the idea will ever catch on in the suburbs though...
(and it might be difficult in a block of flats?)

...but you do get a lovely light inside...

This exhibit "The treadmill of happiness" appealed to me a lot and it's just what I was trying to say in my "Tirade No 1 - MONEY and Stuff". We're always chasing our tails aren't we? (And wrecking the planet in the process.)

Recognition at last...

No comments: