Sunday, December 27, 2009

End of an era...

Yes, a sad moment indeed - I never thought I'd see the day when I took my trusty F2 Bullit on its last journey.......to the skip.......

Still, I haven't used it for many years and it really is time to declutter. I gave it this Virtual Viking send off in memory of many happy hours blasting around the UK waters together.

Here are a couple of moments of my windsurfing history: this one snapped by dear Morag during a very windy day on Loch Rannoch...


...and a crazy Bullit moment snapped by my great windsurfing chum, Terry, doing a terrifying 33mph on the speed course at West Kirby. It's a very special venue as the water is protected by a sea wall and stays calm however strong the wind is. There is none of the usual bouncing and clattering, the board just starts to vibrate as you go faster and faster. Barely under control in strong wind, 33mph feels like 333mph - great times!

No comments: